White Castle

Bexley’s White Castle opened on January 18, 1930. It was the seventh store to open in Central Ohio, and it opened four years before the company moved its headquarters to Columbus in 1934. The building consisted of a counter with a few stools where people could sit and order their food. Several generations of Bexley residents enjoyed buying burgers by the sack and having a cup of coffee at the counter. White Castle closed on June 15, 1981 and was torn down later that month. When it closed, a company representative cited maintenance problems, including a leaky roof and its small size, as reasons for closing the doors.

Photos courtesy of White Castle Management Company

Sources:

Bexley Historical Society Collection

“The Bexley White Castle is No More” East Columbus Messenger page 4,  July 6, 1981