Bexley Public Library selects and delivers books and audiobooks to a limited number of senior patrons living in the Bexley City School District who are unable to come to the library.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The Outreach Associate will interview you about your reading preferences. You can request specific titles and authors or give general categories and allow the Library to select items.
- You may request books, large print books, and audio books on CD.
- The Library delivers once a month at a prearranged time. All items must be returned at the next delivery unless you arrange to renew them by calling 614-231-2793. Eligible items may be renewed up to three times; all unrenewed items will be considered lost after 28 days.
- Since you will rely on the Library for pickup and delivery, there are no fines on overdue materials. Patrons will be responsible for all fees associated with lost materials, including fees associated with the Library’s use of a collection agency.
- Repeated loss or damage to library items will result in cancellation of your service.
- With your permission, the Library will keep a record of your reading preferences and items delivered to you. This record is confidential and is only used to help select appropriate and enjoyable materials.
- While Bexley Public Library strives to meet your content preferences, the Library cannot sample all material and therefore cannot guarantee all selections will meet the intended criteria.
- Bexley Public Library may discontinue homebound services at any time at the discretion of the Library director or her designee.
if you fit all of the criteria listed below, you may submit an application for a senior homebound patron card
- You must live in the Bexley City School District.
- You must be unable to come to the Library due to illness, disability, low vision or non-driver status.
- You must be 65 years of age or older.
- If you live with an able-bodied adult relative, you do not qualify for Senior Homebound Service.
- You must return any items you have checked out and resolve outstanding fines before Senior Homebound Service can begin. The Senior Homebound Patron Card replaces your existing patron card.
- There may be a waiting list for Senior Homebound Patron service depending on the number of applicants and the availability of BPL staff.
For more information, contact Diane Peterson, Bexley Public Library Outreach Associate at email@example.com or 614-545-6944.